Leading the Canadian Avionics Business for More Than 40 Years
MC2 was first established in 1996 by the late Barry Aylward and current company president, Bill Arsenault. Our business roots go back more than 40 years in Waterloo, Canada with our former Kitchener Aero facility. We never compromise quality or effectiveness for time or cost. We will work efficiently on your aircraft; every minute of down-time counts. We deliver reliable avionics installations on time and on budget. Our two organizations amalgamated in 2017, and continue to provide a wide variety of aircraft avionics services for business, commercial and special missions aircraft operators. In late 2018, MC2 acquired the then Avionics Design Services (ADS), a Transport Canada Design Approval Organization, including its full team of experienced avionics design engineers and Transport Canada Delegates. This growth offers an exciting opportunity for MC2 to strengthen and expand its service offerings in avionics system design and installation by providing its corporate and commercial clients with a full range of integrated avionics system support. We continue to focus on single and multi-engine, business jets and large aircraft from general aviation to corporate and commercial operators.
Since inception, MC2 has grown to become one of Canada’s premier avionics maintenance and modification facilities. When we established our firm, we put an emphasis on relationship building, to grow customers into long-term clients. We have grown one client at a time,
In 2018, our Kitchener, Canada site moved into a new large hangar to provide more capabilities, and better access to the taxiway. We’ve seen just about everything in the avionics space. Over the years, the company has achieved a number of firsts, including:
- 1st Canadian Gulfstream III RVSM modification
- 1st Canadian Heads-Up Guidance System installation in a Gulfstream
- 1st Attitude Heading Reference System in Beech 1900
- 1st Falcon 900EX Aero I Satcom installation
- 1st Canadian Falcon 50 and 900 Aero H Satcom system installation
- 1st Canadian installation of the Dual Rockwell Collins AHC-3000A
- 1st Canadian King Air 350 Universal cockpit refresh using EFI-890R (replacing the existing Collins EFIS-85)
- 1st B737-200 Combi cockpit redesign involving replacement of the existing/obsolete legacy HSI/ADI suite with four large format flat panel integrated smart displays and associated control panels.
- 1st B737-200 (Advanced) cockpit revamp for Northern Airspace operations
- 1st Canadian Citation Encore cockpit redesign using Dual UNS-1ESp FMS’ and Honeywell CAS-67A ACAS II System
- 1st A310 FMS (Flight Management System) upgrade based around the CMA-9000 FMS
- 1st Canadian Future Air Navigation System (FANS) certification with the UniLink UL-801 Communications Management Unit (CMU) installation on a Falcon 50EX.
- 1st Canadian dual Garmin G600 Electronic Flight Displays in a Twin Otter
- 1st Q-Series (Dash 8) fleet installation Universal with Wide Area Augmentation System / Satellite-Based Augmentation System Flight Management Systems (WAAS/SBAS-FMS) and Terrain Awareness and Warning Systems (TAWS).